The AWARE Kids Nature Club has been educating local and visiting youth about all things environmental since 2007.
These free sessions are focused on encouraging learning through fun interactive activities and are open to all, but are mainly intended for kids aged 5-11. All kids must be accompanied by a parent.
Past topics include – what’s the buzz about bees? Building solar powered cars, painting birdhouses and learning about local bird song, turning rubbish into art, being bear smart and creepy crawlies…
2018 Kids Nature Topics:
- January 28 | Winter Wonderland!
- February 25 | Bears, Bears, Bears
- March 25 | Whistler’s Fancy Food Webs
- April 29 | You’re Invited: To Mother Nature’s Birthday Party!
- May 27 | Winged Things
- June 24 | Ready, Set, GROW – The gift of gardens
- July 29 | Water Works
- August 26 | Bug’s Life
- September 30 | Funky Farm
- October 28 | Creepy Crawly Critters
- November 25 | Endangered Species
- December | Please note: there will be no Kids Club in December
The AWARE Kids Nature Club is possible due to the support of the Whistler Public Library, who kindly donates their community space; the fantastic volunteers who plan and run the workshops; and Regional Recycling Whistler, who will help create fundraising and advertising activities for the Nature Club through donations at the Nesters Bottle Depot.
For more information regarding the AWARE Kid’s Nature Club please contact us at email@example.com