The AWARE Kids Nature Club has been educating local and visiting youth about all things environmental since 2007.
These free sessions are focused on encouraging learning through fun interactive activities and are open to all, but are mainly intended for kids aged 5-11. All kids must be accompanied by a parent.
Past topics include – what’s the buzz about bees? Building solar powered cars, painting birdhouses and learning about local bird song, turning rubbish into art, being bear smart and creepy crawlies…
2019 Kids Nature Topics:
- January 27 | A Woodland Winter!
- February 24 | Animal Tracks and Trails
- March 31 | Zero Waste Heroes
- April 28 | Plants with a Purpose
- May 26 | Welcome to the Jungle
- June 30 | Wilderness Survival
- July 28 | Wonderful Wetlands
- August 25 | Camouflaged Critters
- September 29 | Fall Frenzy
- October 27 | Spooky Species
- November 24 | Mad Scientists
- December | Please note: there will be no Kids Club in December
The AWARE Kids Nature Club is possible due to the support of the Whistler Public Library, who kindly donates their community space; the fantastic volunteers who plan and run the workshops; and Regional Recycling Whistler, who will help create fundraising and advertising activities for the Nature Club through donations at the Nesters Bottle Depot.
For more information regarding the AWARE Kid’s Nature Club please contact us at email@example.com