Get into Spring: Clothing Swap & Shop for Earth Day and AWARE
Thursday, April 21st, 2016
6 – 9 PM at Fairmont Chateau Whistler
Also at 4 – 5:30 PM Father:Daughter Dance Dress Swap
Swap a previously loved dress for something new for your daughter on her special night with dad!
How it works: BRING an item of clothing you no longer love and SWAP it for something you adore!
- Remaining clothes will be donated to the Re-Use It Centre
Entry Fee: $10 with swappable clothing $20 empty-handed
- Raising funds for Whistler’s environmental charity, AWARE
Shop Local: Purchase locally made and environmentally conscious treasures from local vendors in our Vendors Lounge
- To rent a table email: INFO@AWAREWHISTLER.ORG
THANKS! To our venue sponsor, Fairmont Chateau Whistler
Choose to swap instead of shop at the AWARE Earth Day Clothing Swap. This event allows locals to spring clean their closets, share fashion trends forward and hunt for new hidden gems to adore. Local artisans will also have beautiful creations on sale, many of which have been up-cycled from prior uses into unique and timeless pieces.
With your participation, this Spring Earth Day Event will be another Whistler highlight.
Young ladies from kindergarten to Grade 7 can attend the pre-event Dress Swap from 4 – 5:30 PM to find a lightly worn and loved dress for the Annual Father Daughter Dance.
Reasons to Clothing Swap with AWARE Every Earth Day:
- Preserve History & Quality: Our everyday threads aren’t tightly wound with the same indestructible quality they used to be. Recycling old fashions back into our wardrobes is a fantastic way to keep timeless pieces alive.
- Protect the Environment: No matter how environmentally friendly the company – new items use natural resources, undergo a pollutant producing manufacturing process and require fossil fuels to ship them around the globe. Dressing yourself in pieces that already exist takes some pressure off of the earth’s finite resources.
- Support a Good Cause: AWARE, Whistler’s Environmental Charity, received all proceeds raised from the Earth Day Clothing Swap. AWARE strives to improve, protect and restore Whistler and its surrounding areas, while achieving environmental sustainability through community education and advocacy. All clothing left after the event was donated to the Re-Use it Centre a local non-profit whose proceeds fuel Whistler’s social programs and efforts keep tonnes of waste out of the landfill annually.
- Save Money: Your dollar goes a lot farther when you buy used instead of new. Whistler residents only paid $10 to have access to jam packed racks and mountains of clothing.