2021 Director Nominations Open
Contributing a diversity of skills and experience, AWARE Directors serve a two‐year term, with the Annual General Meeting (AGM) creating the opportunity for a yearly influx of new directors. Together the Board governs AWARE and its work in the community by providing oversight of AWARE’s strategic and annual work plans.
Applications will be accepted until midnight on Friday April 30th, 2021.
Director Nominations – Process & Deadlines
AWARE’s Board can consist of up to 12 elected Directors. At each AGM, only new directors or those at the end of their two-year term need to apply. All AWARE members in good standing and present at the AGM are eligible to vote for directors.
In order to be considered for AWARE’s Board of Directors please:
- Review the AWARE Director Nominee Information Package to find out more about what you can expect as an AWARE Board Director.
- Complete the Director Nomination Form to tell us a little bit about yourself and to let us know who is nominating you for the role. For 2021 and in light of COVID, we have shifted all nomination submission to an online form.
- You may be contacted for further information by the Board panel that reviews nominations.
- Successful nominations will be sent out to the AWARE membership in advance of the AGM for review.
- At the AGM in May, AWARE members in good standing vote on nominations to confirm the next Board.
For more information please review the 2021 AWARE Director Nomination Package below (click image below to access). Included within the package are links to the online application.
If you have any questions regarding Board applications please direct these to email@example.com. For any problems accessing the application form via the links in the package you can head directly to the form via: https://forms.gle/cueu6djCUBGUPkMB6
The Role of a Board
A Board of Directors is at minimum responsible for the governance of an organization. This responsibility can be broken down into six key elements:
- Provide strategic leadership & direction for AWARE
- Set the conditions for organizational success
- Oversee and monitor all aspects of governance
- Ensure the organization’s financial health and sustainability
- Protect the best interests of the organization and the environment it exists to serve
- Ensure knowledge of stakeholder expectations, needs, concerns, and interests, and build effective relationships.
AWARE’s board is a volunteer ‘working board’, meaning that in addition to the above, the board undertakes operational tasks to support the group’s strategic goals. Much of this work takes place through committee groups, which may be ongoing (e.g. meeting throughout the year to undertake annual HR tasks), or ad-hoc with just a few meetings needed to work together on specific actions (e.g. organization of a large event or setting strategy around a particular issue). Committees are made up of directors, staff and volunteers.Meet AWARE’s current Board of Directors