Join our team
We work to progress community-scale solutions to some of the biggest challenges of our time. Climate Change. Habitat Fragmentation. Biodiversity Loss. Wildlife. Water. Waste. We work independently and with others to connect people with nature and build more sustainable communities.
Every member of our small but dedicated team has the opportunity to create change from within the programs they work on – whether inspiring future generations to care about the environment, helping people grow local organic food, or supporting businesses to reduce waste. We find ways to connect with the things people care about and focus on finding shared values – as a route to changing behaviours and shifting unsustainable cultural norms. AWARE is looking for a driven, accountable and knowledgeable individual to join our team.
Current job openings at AWARE Whistler
Interested in joining a fun team that loves nature, cares about all things environmental and is passionate about building a sustainable community? AWARE is currently recruiting the following year-round, seasonal and casual positions.
|POSTING NO.||POSITION||CLOSING DATE|
|19-04||Zero Waste Heroes – Station Host (Casual Summer Seasonal)||Tuesday, May 30, 2019|
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
What we’re looking for
We believe the following skills, strengths and interests will help you thrive on our team:
- Accountability – you work hard, have fun and take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, you get things done and you don’t need someone looking over your shoulder
- Consultation – you understand the value of partnership and understand how to work with others to identify and resolve complex and sensitive issues
- Research and analysis – you can examine data, grasp the issues, and draw conclusions to ultimately solve problems
- Self-directed – you thrive in a self-directed environment, enabling growth and success isn’t something you wait for other people to do
- Communication – you can clearly and accurately convey information to a variety of audiences using the tools necessary, engaging people to ensure the message is understood while being yourself and a net generator of positive energy
- Creative and Innovative Thinking – you develop fresh ideas that provide solutions for communities and people facing complex challenges
Learn about future job openings by subscribing to the AWARE E-NewsletterSign up